Bible Study Questions for April 7th, 2018
Saturday at 10:00am EDT
“This was my condition when I commenced reading Science and Health. …I had suffered for years with insomnia. That night I rested like a child, and awoke the next morning well and happy. A flood of light daily illumined the pages of the ‘little book,’ and the revelation it holds for all came to my waiting heart. ‘The peace which passath all understanding’ rested upon me, and joy too deep for words transformed my life. My prayers were answered, for I had found God in Christian Science.
“The Bible, which I knew very little about, became my constant study, my joy, and my guide. The copy which I bought at the time of my healing is marked from Genesis to Revelation. It was so constantly in my hands for three years that the cover became worn and the leaves loose, so it has been laid away for a new one. Two and three o’clock in the morning often found me poring over its pages, which grew more and more sacred to me every day, and the help I received therefrom was wonderful, for which I can find no words to express my gratitude.”
From the chapter “Fruitage” in Science and Health With Key to the Scriptures,
by Mary Baker Eddy, pages 690-691
Topic: “Have faith in God”
Moderator: Tom from NY
Bible Readings: Mark 11: 1-26; Matthew 21: 1-22; Luke 11: 1-4
- When was the incident of the fig tree?
- What are the lessons in the story of the fig tree?
- Why did the disciples ask Jesus to teach them to pray?
- For each line below, describe what it means to you and / or how it has helped you.
“And he said unto them, When ye pray, say,” (Luke 11: 2-4)
- Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
- Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
- Give us day by day our daily bread.
- And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us.
- And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
April 2018 Bible Study sessions:
|04/07/2018||Tom from NY|
|04/14/2018||Mike from NY|
|04/21/2018||Lynda from PA|
|04/28/2018||Chardelle from PA|