Bible Study Questions for February 17th, 2018
Saturday at 10:00am EST
“It (Christian Science) is turning men and women into Bible readers and thus bringing them as no other set of people are to the very source of spiritual life. Nothing can be more important than that, and no later than last Sunday I paid glad tribute in my pulpit to Christian Science for this service and called my people to a new and more devout reading of the Bible every day.”
“As America in 1917 was on the brink of the Great War, the author … wrote for publication: In the last ten years Christian Science has certainly encouraged daily Bible reading, until now Christian Scientists are probably the most assiduous Bible readers in the world.”
from Mary Baker Eddy, A Life Size Portrait, by Lyman P. Powell, pages 4 and 10
Topic: Son of Belial
Moderator: Tom from NY
Bible Readings: 1 Samuel 25: 1-44
- Exposition on Abigail, found on BibleGateway.com
- Commentaries on 1 Samuel 25:1, found on BibleHub.com
- Where is the wilderness of Paran?
- What does it mean to be a “son of Belial” ?
- What kind of person was Nabal?
- What kind of person was David? (see also, 1 Samuel 23:24-25, “Maon”; 27:1-12)
- What kind of person was Abigail?
February 2018 Bible Study sessions:
|02/17/2018||Tom from NY|
|02/24/2018||Betty from CA|
March 2018 Bible Study sessions:
|03/17/2018||Colleen from MA|
|03/24/2018||Shahidat from MD|